The purpose of our Sunday School program is to disciple students in their Christian faith by teaching and modeling traits of studying God's word, fellowship, Christian lifestyle and prayer. We pray that any individual attending our program will grow to be willing and capable servants of Christ. We meet Sundays, September through May, at 10:30 a.m. Registration is always open so you can join us anytime! Click here to register.
The purpose of the Special Gifts Ministry at Saron Lutheran Church is to facilitate inclusion inside the life of the church for the individual with additional needs and for their family.
In support of our broader church mission, the goals of the Special Gifts Ministry is to lead families affected by unique needs into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The objective(s) of the ministry are fulfilled through the ministry’s efforts:
- To create an accepting church environment for the family impacted by special needs or disability.
- To develop an appropriate accommodation plan for the individual with additional needs that benefits the individual while working within the policies and resources of the church.
The services of the Special Gifts Ministry may be requested by the family of the individual at any time. We do require intake forms and a meeting with the ministry staff, the individual and their family prior to attending class so that we may get to know both the child and the family and how we can best meet their needs at least one week prior to starting in the ministry.
The term “Special Gifts” encompasses a broad range of unique needs, including but not limited to, learning differences, intellectual disability, neurological disorders, developmental delays, communication disorders, social skills deficit, physical disabilities, sensory needs, and medical conditions. Understanding why (diagnosis) a particular individual requires the services of the ministry is not as important as how the ministry is able to assist the individual to help them experience success in the church setting.
The Special Gifts Ministry does not provide therapy, behavior modification programs, or medical intervention. To the best of abilities, our ministry partners will strive to follow guidance from, and utilize tools provided by parents.
Please contact Molly at 763-263-2209 or email@example.com for more information or to set up a meeting.
- Trunk or Treat
- Local mission projects
- Christmas Program
- Almost Overnighter for 4th and 5th graders, Fabulously Fun Night for our older children, register for February 22nd here!
- Family outings to connect with other families in our community
- Activity Nights/Parent Night Out, Activities, Fun, and Friends. Our next will be Friday, April 5th, and you can register here!
- Non-School Day Outings